The Bruery Turns Three
Written by: Jessica Cartie
The Bruery’s Third Anniversary took place this past weekend at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. The May 29 celebration was split into two sessions with the first kicking off at 10:30 a.m. Craft beer enthusiasts and supporters of The Bruery were lined up and ready for the first beer tastings of the day at 10 a.m. The Bruery had several stations throughout the beer garden alongside 18 Southern California-based craft breweries. With a continuous line, the most popular station was the VIP table, where those with the right ticket were given the opportunity to try some of the more rare beers including Ballst Point’s Victory at Sea, an Imperial Porter brewed with coffee and vanilla, as well as Marrón Acidifié, one of their sour beers and Chocolate Rain a cask conditioned Black Tuesday with cocoa nibs, one of the first to run out.
At the start of the day, The Bruery owner Patrick Rue was busy making sure things were set up and running smoothly. We were able to chat with him for a brief moment to hear his thoughts on the day.
“I’m most excited to party with our biggest supporters and celebrate another year of business,” said Rue. “It’s going good so far.”
Brewer Victor Lester had a similar outlook, “It’s pretty awesome. I don’t think anyone was expecting us to be as far as we are this soon.”
Overall the celebration seemed to be a success. On top of good beer, the proceeds from the event went to a good cause – a local medical clinic call Lestonnac.
- Ballast Point Brewing – San Diego, CA
- Black Market Brewing Co. – Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
- Coronado Brewing Company – Coronado, CA
- Craftsman Brewing Company – Pasadena, CA
- Firestone Walker – Paso Robles, CA
- Hangar 24 Craft Brewery – Redlands, CA
- Inland Empire Brewing Co. – Riverside, CA
- Kern River Brewing Co. – Kernville, CA
- Ladyface Ale Companie – Agoura Hills, CA
- Left Coast Brewing – San Clemente, CA
- Noble Ale Works – Anaheim, CA
- Packing House Brewery – Riverside, CA
- SoCal Beer Company – Modesto, CA
- Stone Brewing Co. – Escondido, CA
- Strand Brewing Co. – Torrance, CA
- Taps Fish House & Brewery – Brea, CA
- Tustin Brewing Company – Tustin, CA
Just a few people waiting to get in.
Victor was super excited to answer our questions.
It was a bit busy in the VIP section.
And here are a couple trays full of reasons why it was so busy.
Ballast Point Brewing Company’s Victory at Sea Coffee Vanilla Imperial Porter being poured in the VIP section.